Vacancy Announcement for Technical Officer for Youth Training and Employment.
ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Position: Technical Officer for Youth Training and Employment (1) Based Dili
Report to: Youth Project Manager
Summary of the position:
The Technical Officer for Youth Training and Employment shall be responsible for the training arm of the Youth Employment Project that is funded by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade through ChildFund New Zealand. Primarily, the staff shall design, implement and evaluate lifeskills training program of the youth. In addition assist the Project Manager in monitoring technical skills training of the youth through accredited training providers, as well as link youth to various industry and business network.
1. Design and develop appropriate lifeskills training curriculum for youth enrolled in different technical and business training programs
2. Implement the lifeskills training curriculum
3. Develop and conduct assessment on youth’s participation to lifeskills training program
4. Develop and conduct post-training mentorship program to youth at the workplace
B. Networking and Linkaging
1. Lead in mapping out industry and business partner for youth employment and entrepreneurship program
2. Link ChildFund’s Youth Employment Program with relevant industry and business partner to ensure employment of future graduates of technical skills training program and marketing for the micro-cooperatives of young entrepreneurs
3. Assist the Project Manager in building Youth Employment Stakeholders network with business sector, government agencies and non-government agencies
4. Assist the Project Manager in facilitating the Stakeholders’ network meeting that will be initiated through the Project.
C. Monitoring and reporting
1. Conduct monitoring and mentoring to the youth participants of the project during technical skills training and while at the workplace
2. Prepare regular monitoring report to the Project Manager
3. Prepare monthly, quarterly and monthly project progress report
4. Participate in all other surveys, monitoring and evaluation activities in support of implementation of the project.
1. Assist in the development of related project proposal
2. Support other staff where required in developing reports and documentations.
3. Participate in unit and staff meetings
4. Perform other tasks that may be assigned by Program Manager or the National Director
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate must hold a University Degree or Higher Diploma in education, social sciences, or development sciences. Minimum 2 years progressive work experience in youth employment, livelihoods and enterprise development is required. Previous NGO experience in a similar position is required, well communicate and writing English skills, as well as an understanding of Child Rights and Protection, and Youth Development.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. All applications should be addressed to HR Officer, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 26th June 2015 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.