Health Program Coordinator
Mary MacKillop International (MMI) is the international aid and development organisation of the Sisters of St Joseph. In the tradition of Mary MacKillop, MMI works with communities in Peru and Timor-Leste in the areas of education, health and livelihoods.
The Sisters of St Joseph commenced work in East Timor in 1994 as the Mary MacKillop Institute of East Timorese Studies. In Timor-Leste, MMI is well known for its Tetun literacy program, which includes teacher training and the production of school resources in the Tetun language. MMI also recently developed and piloted a health literacy unit for pre-primary and primary school teachers, which provides training for teachers on how to deliver basic preventative health education in the classroom.
MMI is currently recruiting for a Health Program Coordinator based in Dili, Timor-Leste. The Health Program Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and delivery of MMI’s health education program, which focuses on training pre-primary and primary school teachers, parents and community members in preventative health, hygiene and nutrition to promote and maintain good health among children.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working in the health and WASH sector in Timor-Leste
- Extensive experience in training adults or Cert IV in Training and Assessment
- Current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Experience in leading and managing staff
- Experience in project management, including financial management and reporting
- High level written and oral language skills in both Tetun and English
- Flexibility to vary working hours to fulfil requirements of position if needed
- Willingness to travel to rural locations as needed
For full details of the role and to access the position description, please refer to: http://www.mmi.org.au/announcements/job-vacancy-health-program-coordinator
Candidates should send a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria and a CV to MMI’s Country Director Alipio Baltazar at Alipio.Baltazar@mmi.org.au by close of business on Tuesday, 14th July 2015.