JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH OXFAM
Oxfam’s global vision is for a just world without poverty:
A world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights,
and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all citizens are valued and treated equally.
Our vision for Timor-Leste is for Timor-Leste to be a country enjoying prosperity and equality,
where all citizens; women and men, actively shape the development process
and enjoy the well-being that flows from this process, even in times of crisis.
Oxfam Timor Leste program is seeking National staff for four officer positions:
- Field Officer Integrated Rural Development Program – Oecusse
- Field Officer Integrated Rural Development Program – Covalima
- Humanitarian Preparadeness Program Officer – Dili
- Program Support Unit Officer – Dili
Oxfam offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include health care and pension contribution, paid annual leave, study cost reimbursement and more.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Key Selection Criteria
|Integrated Rural Development (IRD) Field Officers x 2 (one based in Oecusse, and one based in Covalima)||The Field Officer acts as the area focal point for IRD partners, and facilitates and coordinates technical support (with a focus on agricultural techniques) to ensure that partners receive appropriate support to deliver quality programming, that aligns with the program strategies and objectives. Provides direct training and ongoing mentoring of partners, and monitors progress against the partner proposal and annual work plan. Provides direct support to partners in the development of project proposals, annual plans and reports. Depending on the location, the Field Officer will report to the Oecussi or Covalima Program Team Manager.||· Experience in implementing food security and agricultural focused programs, and technical expertise in agronomy.
· Knowledge of program planning including gender awareness;
· Experience supporting and monitoring partners;
· Experience in working in teams and in the effective delivery of project activities;
· Coordination and administrative skills;
· Experience in data collection and data entry;
· Relevant qualifications or skills in a professional discipline i.e. agronomy, community development etc.) or equivalent substantial experience.
|Humanitarian Preparadeness Program Officer||As the Oxfam International Humanitarian Lead in Timor-Leste, the Oxfam program in Timor-Leste needs to maintain its capacity to respond effectively to disasters in line with its mandate. The Humanitarian Preparedness program is the key mechanism to support preparedness activities in the country office. The Humanitarian Officer will support all aspects of the implementation of the Humanitarian Preparedness program, including by providing capacity building and awareness raising on humanitarian preparedness planning, humanitarian response standards, and on technical thematic humanitarian response tools and guidelines in the areas of Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods, and EWASH. The Humanitarian Officer will provide this training and support to Oxfam staff, Oxfam partners and targeted Government ministry staff.||· At least three years relevant, field based experience with an NGO
· Experience in the implementation of disaster preparedness and humanitarian response activities
· Experience working with different agencies and networks
· Proven analytical and decision making skills in a challenging context.
· Excellent facilitation, communication and public speaking skills.
· Ability to work in a systematic and organised manner and within deadlines.
· Strong communication skills including ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and concisely.
· Good written and oral communication skills in Tetum and/or Bahasa Indonesian and English.
· Able to understand and explain basic budget and financial reports
|Program Support Unit (PSU) Officer||The Program Support Unit provides support to strengthening program quality, including the development and application of program cycle management systems and processes, and partner management support. The Program Support Officer will support the objectives of the Program Support Unit by contributing to the development of PCM tools and systems, providing training and mentoring to staff and partners in the application of the PCM tools and systems, and by ensuring that program and project cycle tracking and filing systems are regularly maintained and updated.||· Experience of effectively maintaining a tracking system or sound experience with spread sheets and spread sheet analysis.
· Experience preparing written documentation (reports, meeting minutes, letters etc.)
· Effective oral and written communication skills with a range of people working in different situations.
· Good written and spoken English language skills Good computer skills with experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Open minded and willing to learn.
· Systematic and thorough.
· Commitment to Oxfam vision & values.
· Strong sense of integrity and a commitment to promoting accountability & transparency.
· Experience in mentoring and training.
Applicants can request a detailed position description from Sra. Benigna Martins, Human Resources Manager, by e-mailing her firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 670-331-2605 or obtaining the position description from the Oxfam office at Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili, Timor-Leste.
You must submit a covering letter that responds to the Selection Criteria listed in this advertisement and a current CV.
A separate application is required for each position advertised.
Please note that only applications submitted with a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria with a resume and received by 5pm, Monday 10 August 2015 will be accepted. They can be sent to the above e-mail address, mailed to P.O. Box 152, Dili, and Timor-Leste or delivered to the Dili office.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted