JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH OXFAM
Oxfam’s global vision is for a just world without poverty:
A world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights,
and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all citizens are
valued and treated equally.
Our vision for Timor-Leste is for Timor-Leste to be a country enjoying prosperity and equality,
where all citizens; women and men, actively shape the development process
and enjoy the well-being that flows from this process, even in times of crisis.
Oxfam Timor Leste program is seeking National staff for three management positions:
- Integrated Rural Development and Humanitarian Preparedness (IRD/HP) Program Manager
- Land and Inclusive Development (LID) Manager
- Program Support Unit Manager
Oxfam offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, which include health care and pension contribution, paid annual leave, study cost reimbursement and more.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
Fluency in Tetun and written and spoken competency in English is a requirement for all three positions.
Key Selection Criteria
|Integrated Rural Development (IRD) and the Humanitarian Preparedness (HP) Programs Manager||The IRD/HP Program Manager is responsible to achieve the program objectives of the Integrated Rural Development (IRD) and the Humanitarian Preparedness (HP) Programs out of the Oxfam Timor-Leste Country Strategy. This will be achieved by leading the IDR and HP team in the implementation of the program strategy, maintaining positive partnerships with a portfolio of partners, and further strategic development of the Oxfam programme in Timor-Leste.
|· Proven experience in leading and motivating multi disciplinary teams and stakeholders (internal and external) in the delivery of program strategy.
· Proven management experience in leading the design and delivery of complex programs in a range of contexts (i.e. diverse experience in development and/or humanitarian programs).
· Extensive experience and understanding of community development, advocacy, gender mainstreaming and humanitarian work principles, with a demonstrated ability to develop and implement relevant strategies.
· Good coordination skills and an ability to work across teams to get work in motion.
· Demonstrated financial management and reporting skills, including experience managing multi donor funded programs.
|Land and Inclusive Development (LID) Program Manager||The Land and Inclusive Development (LID) Program Manager is responsible to achieve the program objectives of the Land and Inclusive Development Program of the Oxfam Timor-Leste Country Strategy. This will be achieved by leading the LID team in the implementation of the program strategy, maintaining positive partnerships with a portfolio of partners, and further strategic development of the Oxfam programme in Timor-Leste.
|§ Proven management experience in leading the design and delivery of complex programs in a range of contexts (i.e. diverse experience in land rights and inclusive development).
§ Experience in work around land law development, including good knowledge and experience in aspects of land legislation.
§ Experience with strategy development; research and policy analysis skills.
§ Experience and skills in media and public policy advocacy (e.g. lobbying, campaigning or education work) and influencing at diverse levels.
§ Demonstrated financial management and reporting skills, including experience managing multi donor funded programs.
|Program Support Unit (PSU) Manager||The Program Support Unit provides support to strengthening program quality, including the development and application of program cycle management systems and processes, and grant management support. The PSU Manager is responsible for supporting Oxfam and Partner’s and staff to understand, comply with, and utilize Oxfam Program Cycle Management (PCM) systems, tools and standards; and with program policies. A key aspect of this role will be to strengthen the capacity of the country team and partners to monitor and evaluate the country program and utilize this learning to further improve the programs and to influence other actors.
|· Understanding of qualitative and quantitative data gathering methodologies.
· Experience in applying MEL concepts in a wide range of thematic areas including capacity strengthening, advocacy, humanitarian and development projects.
· Knowledge of and experience in working with program management cycles, and developing tools and processes to support program management across the program management cycles.
· Financial management skills with the ability to build the capacity of others in this area.
· Excellent training and facilitation skills.
Applicants can request a detailed position description from Sra. Benigna Martins, Human Resources Manager, by e-mailing her firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 670-331-2605 or obtaining the position description from the Oxfam office at Rua Jacinto Candido, Bidau Akadiru-Hun, Dili, Timor-Leste.
You must submit a covering letter that responds to the Selection Criteria listed in this advertisement and a current CV. Applications should be written in English.
A separate application is required for each position advertised.
Please note that only applications submitted with a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria with a resume and received by 5pm, Monday 27 July 2015 will be accepted. They can be sent to the above e-mail address, mailed to P.O. Box 152, Dili, and Timor-Leste or delivered to the Dili office.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted