Department / Project : Program Quality
Position : Training Officer
Grade : C1
Salary : From$ 669 $per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Dili, frequent travel to the field locations
Works with : Program Quality Unit, Program and Project Manager, HR Team
Report to : Program quality Manager
Contract period : 6 months with possibility of extension
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
About the Role:
In 2015 CARE International in Timor-Leste finalized our Long Term Programme which aims to improve the voice and wellbeing of women and girls in rural disadvantaged areas with specific priority sectors including women’s voice, women’s economic empowerment, sexual reproductive and maternal health and education. A Program Quality Unit was also established to oversee the quality of all programming undertaken by CARE and partners in line with the new Long Term Programme. The unit has a particular focus on high quality monitoring, evaluation and learning, gender equality and women’s empowerment, partnership and community participation and evidence and advocacy.
In order to ensure high quality programming, CARE must continually work to build the capacity of its staff, partners and the communities within which it works to effectively improve wellbeing and voice. Therefore the Training Officer will fill a vital role in supporting the development, planning and implementation of training and capacity building activities in line with our projects and long term program. Key training required will include regular Gender, equity and diversity training for staff and partners, technical monitoring, evaluation and learning training and community based training activities focused on gender and women’s empowerment. Support may also be required for other training such as disability, child protection and facilitation skills.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Training Officer are:
- Coordinate the training schedule within the PQU team, across CITL teams and departments and with partner organizations
- Prepare training agendas, materials, logistics and highly interactive content
- Facilitate exciting and engaging training sessions, workshops and meetings both in Dili and in the field
- Take notes/minutes and prepare training or meeting reports
- Organize paperwork including purchase orders, payment requests, participants lists and training records
- Support the Program Quality Team and Program Quality Manager in relevant activities as required.
- Safety and Security: Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness; and ensure consistent application of, and compliance with, CARE Timor-Leste safety and security policies and procedures.
Knowledge & Experience Required.
- Minimum University diploma with relevant education background
- Experience planning and delivering training and workshops
- Good facilitation skills and knowledge of effective training techniques
- Knowledge about development work, particularly gender and community participation
- Good understanding of the cultural context and social norms in Timor Leste
- High level communication skills, both written and verbal (in Tetun and English) including an ability to speak in public and explain complex ideas
Skills & Personal attributes
- Ability to work in a systematic and organised manner and within deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including excel, word and email
- Flexibility and proven team player
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote areas on a frequent basis
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email your submit the application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline 20 July 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.