|Post Title:||Accounting & Finance Officer||IMIS & VN. No.:||90970 & HR/VN/2015/08|
|Duty Station:||Dili, Timor-Leste||Budget Level:||NOA, Fixed-Term|
|Section:||Operations||Applications to be sent to:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Date of issue:||11 August 2015||Closing Date for Applications:||31 August 2015
|Purpose:||Under the close supervision of the Operations Manager, assist in the area of finance and accounting control, recording, reporting of assets, liabilities and income. Furthermore, she/he will monitor the appropriate disbursement of funds and payments of accounts in accordance with the rules, regulations and established budgetary limits.
|Major Duties & Responsibilities:
|1. Controls and operates bank accounts in accordance with UN/UNICEF financial rules and regulations and local banking practices. Provides up-to-date information on the cash position or status of such accounts. Reconciles bank statements, keeps abreast of all procedures and regulations regarding the maintenance of bank accounts, exchange and interest rates, etc.
2. Certifies the appropriate, accurate and timely processing and recording of disbursements and payments, (e.g. travel claims, advances to government, etc.), in accordance with established rules, regulations and systems, and within budgetary limits. Also ensures recovery of advances and accounts receivable.
3. Undertakes field visits to provide accounting and finance training to implementing partners, establishes and/or reviews systems and procedures for compliance with rules and regulations, and prepares reports and recommendations.
4. Monitors financial transaction and accounting reports, as well as reconciling of accounts, to ensure accurate accounting and up-to-date financial status information. Prepares required reports and statements for the Head of Office and HQ.
5. Manages VISION transactions, provides training and orientation to staff on its use and coordinates with DFAM on technical adjustments or irregularities to meet local conditions. Supervises timely maintenance of computerized accounting and finance system.
6. Controls petty cash fund, disbursements, recording and accounting.
7. Reviews budget expenditures by GL codes against approved allotments, and verifies compliance with reports received from HQs.
8. Prepares and analyzes financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
9. Briefs staff on the application and interpretation of UN/UNICEF accounting and financial rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
10.Responsible for safekeeping of cash and cheques.
|Requirements:||Education: University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
Experience: At least one or two years of practical and relevant professional work experience in finance and accounting. Experience in an international organization is desirable.
Language(s): Fluency in English and Tetum. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
|Competencies:||i) Core Values (Required): Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required): Communication (I), Drive for Results (II), Working with People (I)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required): Analyzing [I], Applying Technical Expertise [II], Planning and Organizing [II], Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
|Remarks:||Application is open for TIMOR-LESTE NATIONALS ONLY. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the two most recent PERs/Evaluations (for UN staff). Regret letters will only be sent to short listed candidates. Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after the closing date will not be entertained.
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment