A great opportunity for female (and male) professional managers to build their experience while serving the young people of Timor-Leste! We strongly encourage women to apply.
Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term career opportunities.
Deputy Program Manager: Youth Empowerment
The Job. The Youth Empowerment Program Manager is responsible for two major Projects for young women and men: one funded by the European Union and Plan Germany, the other by Australian Aid/DFAT and Plan Australia, with indirect support from Plan’s individual Sponsors. These two Projects have similar aims and objectives for young people in terms of active citizenship, life skills and economic empowerment. Activities are focused on Aileu and Ainaro Districts. Very briefly, the Deputy Program Manager will work with the Program Manager across the whole range of management responsibilities. This is a senior and very responsible post.
Skills, qualifications, experience, attitude
- Demonstrated project management experience, especially in planning, monitoring, budget management, report writing and M&E tasks.
- Experience developing the capacity of Civil Society Organizations
- Experience in participatory and community development approaches.
- University graduate or demonstrated equivalent capacity. Master’s level preferred.
- Understanding of Timor-Leste’s current development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities
- Experience in working with child-focused organization an advantage
- Experience in an international organization an advantage
- Job based in Dili with 50% of time in Aileu and Ainaro
- Willing to work and stay in remote aldieas
- Able to ride motorbike off-road OR willing to learn (Plan will pay for training)
- Fluent written and spoken English essential
- Good mathematics essential.
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment against Domestic Violence is essential
- Strong commitment to the rights and future of the children and young people of Timor Leste is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Job applications will not be acknowledged. (We will try to acknowledge consultancy applications) Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures. These may include tests on English and mathematics, and observation of organizing activities with children.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Wednesday 27th August 2015
TO APPLY…. Send, by email only
- cover letter explaining why you are applying
- names and contact details of three professional referees
to email@example.com (Please check the “Skills, qualifications, experience, attitude” requirements again before applying.)