Department / Project : Safe Motherhood Project
Position : Deputy Project Manager-Field Implementation
Grade : C3
Salary : From $779 per month plus benefits
Duty Station : Atsabe OR Covalima District
Report to : Health Program Manager
Contract period : 31 August 2015 to 30 June 2016 subject to funding
CARE is an international humanitarian organization, with a vision of empowering women and girls to fight poverty and bring lasting change to their communities. We work in over 80 countries around the world. We work with partners to achieve lasting results for marginalized communities.
People are CARE’s greatest assets. CARE international in Timor –Leste (CITL) ha s a diverse team of dedicated, talented professionals who work together to make a lasting impact.
The Safe Motherhood Project is aligned with the Government of Timor-Leste’s National Reproductive Health Strategy (2004-2015) which supports birth spacing using family planning services and men’s involvement in fertility management, and commits to ensuring all pregnant women can access maternal care.
The overall goal of the project is to decrease maternal mortality and morbidity. To achieve this goal, the project will focus on improving RMH health and nutrition behaviors and improving, access, utilization and provision of quality RMH services. To achieve these health related outcomes, the project will focus on achieving the following intermediate outcomes (also the program’s objectives):
- Empowered women, youth and communities
- Expanded, inclusive, and effective spaces for negotiation and dialogue
- Empowered, effective, responsive and accountable health system
These outcomes will be facilitated by working with the Ministry of Health, civil society partners and local leaders to implement the following strategies: Mothers’ Caring Groups (MCGs) & Kitchen Gardens, Birth Preparedness Plans, Family Health Days, Social Analysis and Action, Mutual Accountability Tool, and training Skilled Birth Attendants.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (75% fields based):
- Line manage Project Officers and Drivers including doing their Annual Performance Appraisals and ensuring CITL codes and policies are adhered to by all staff based in the districts
- Responsible for planning, implementation, and reporting on activities for the project
- Ensure timely and open communication with Program Manager in order to facilitate appropriate decision making
- Ensure all aspects of Finance, Administration, Procurement and HR issues are followed up on as per project plan
- Together with the management team, will help all staff develop ownership and responsibility for the project as a whole and create a team spirit amongst the project staff
- Identify critical staff capacity needs and communicate to Technical Advisors and Program Manager as appropriate
- Work together with Base Administrators to track vehicle movement and liaise with CITL Fleet and Project Support Officer to ensure condition of vehicles
- Plan project expenditures and monitor the spending against the donor budget including preparing project advances and submitting financial acquittal on time
- Lead on coordinating with SSM, CHC or HP at the municipalities for project activities
- Represent CARE in any internal or external working groups and meetings as assigned
- Adhere to all CITL policies and procedures
- Any other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Program Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 plus years of management experience in the districts
- Experience in project planning and monitoring of budget and expenses
- Excellent ability to work independently and in a team
- Good leadership and management skills
- Candidate needs to be creative, organized and well motivated
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and skill transfers to staff
- Computer literacy within standard Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, and Data Bases
- Excellent communication skills in English and Tetun both written and spoken. Local languages such as Bonak, Kemak and Tetun Terik an asset.
- Ability to drive a motorbike in remote location and must have valid a license
- Willingness to stay in district and travel to both districts for a period of time
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with two references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by 5pm 18 August 2015. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.