JOB OPPORTUNITIES WITH OXFAM
Oxfam’s global vision is for a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights,
and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all citizens are valued and treated equally.
Our vision for Timor-Leste is for Timor-Leste to be a country enjoying prosperity and equality,
where all citizens; women and men, actively shape the development process and enjoy the well-being that flows from this process, even in times of crisis.
Finance and Operations Director
- An excellent opportunity to join a leading international not for profit organisation
- Fixed Term, full-time 37.5 hours per week
- Timor-Leste based
Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
As the Finance and Operations Director you will hold a senior management position managing the four key areas of Oxfam’s operations in Timor-Leste, namely: Finance, Administration, Logistics and Human Resources. Primarily, you will provide leadership and be responsible for the management of the Finance Unit in Dili and provide technical supervision and support to the finance units in the district offices (Covalima and Oecusse). Additionally, you will provide management support and leadership to the managers of the HR, Logistics and Administration departments.
- Improvement of finance systems and development of budgets
- Mentoring and development of staff in a cross cultural context
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in finance software (MYOB highly desirable, SAP an advantage)
- A tertiary qualification (Bachelor minimum), CPA/CA/CMA or equivalent with a minimum of three years experience with an international NGO
We can offer you
- The opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A flexible and supportive workplace with ample opportunities for career progression and development
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their fields
- Please visit https://www.oxfam.org.au/my/jobs for application details and the online application process.
- To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter and a response addressing the required selection criteria outlined above in this advertisement.
- Applications close: 9 October 2015 by 5pm (AEST)
- For enquiries relating to this position, please contact HR Manager Sra. Benigna Martins via email@example.com
Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory clearance of a police check.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Oxfam is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.