WFP Timor Leste
UN World Food Programme in Timor-Leste
The World Food Programme has been present in Timor-Leste since 1999. WFP focus in Timor-Leste is on building the capacity of the Government of Timor-Leste in managing supplementary feeding through the Ministry of Health’s Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition programme. Technical assistance and Government capacity development, with a strategy for hand-over of a sustainable food-based programme to the Government are key priorities. Through the capacity building focus, targeted boys and girls between 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women benefit from the project. The activities of the organisation are focused on the following areas: Ainaro, Oecusse, Bobonaro, Covalima, Dili and Ermera. WFP supports KONSSANTIL and the Zero Hunger Challenge and has aligned its activities with both UNDAF and Government policies.
WFP has one exciting opportunity open to Timorese nationals only.
Vacancy Number: 2015-TLS-015
Post Title: IT Operations Assistant (1 position)
Contract Type: Fixed-Term Appointment
SC Level: G5 Duration: 1 year, Renewable
Duty Station: Dili
Duties/Responsibilities: Under the general guidance and direct supervision of the IT Officer, the IT Operations Assistant will be responsible for the following main duties:
* Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
* Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
* Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date. „h Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
* Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services. „h With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
* Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
* Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
*Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
* Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
* Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
* Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met. Maintain inventory of material and/or database of
information, such as, computer related equipment, communications equipment, website content, training material, etc;
* Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least completion of secondary school education. Candidates with technical training/qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science or Telecommunication will have an added advantage „h At
* At least four years of progressively responsible job related experience in information technology or telecommunications, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, radio unit, web design, registry or similar.
* Experience resolving complex technical issues.
* Experience working with with heads of unit or senior managers in defining requirements for IT function and services. „h Experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems. „h Fluency in English plus knowledge of local languages.
Interested candidates should submit their applications consisting of application letter, updated CV and copies of academic/professional certificates. Please do not attach certificates of attendance. Application letter and CV must be in English applications in other languages shall be disregarded.
All applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered to WFP Timor-Leste Country Office, Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, Dili. Job title and vacancy number should be clearly indicated on the envelope or subject line for email applications.
Application deadline is Wednesday, 29 September 2015.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.