The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been present in Timor-Leste since 1999. WFP focus in Timor-Leste is on building the capacity of the Government of Timor-Leste in managing supplementary feeding through the Ministry of Health’s Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition programme. Technical assistance and Government capacity development, with a strategy for hand-over of a sustainable food-based programme to the Government are key priorities. Through the capacity building focus, targeted boys and girls between 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women benefit from the project. The activities of the organisation are focused on the following areas: Ainaro, Oecusse, Bobonaro, Covalima, Dili and Ermera. WFP supports KONSSANTIL and the Zero Hunger Challenge and has aligned its activities with both UNDAF and Government policies.
WFP has two exciting opening for a Programme Assistant (DHS) to be based in Ainaro and Dili.
Vacancy Number: 2015/TLS-012 (Ainaro)
Vacancy Number: 2015/TLS-013 (Dili)
Vacancy Number: 2015/TLS-014 (Oecusse)
Job Title: Programme Assistant – DHS (3 positions: Ainaro; Dili; Oecusse)
Contract Type: Service Contract Grade: SC5 Duration: 1 year, Renewable Duty Station: Ainaro,
Dili & Oecusse Duties and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Programme Officer (Government Liaison), the Programme Assistant’s key accountabilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
* Coordination, communication and liaison with relevant health staff at district and sub district level
* Planning and monitoring the day to day implementation of the Nutrition interventions at field level
* Networking with health as well as other relevant ministries, District level Nutrition Working Groups and other relevant stakeholders
* Engaging local CBOs, PSF, xefe suco and other stakeholders in program socialization at grass roots level
* Coordinating with DHS Director, CHC managers, CHC level Nutrition Coordinators and HP focal points to ensure the delivery of nutrition supplies at distribution points
* Providing on-the-job training and guidance to health facility staff on nutrition
* Facilitating training, community mobilization and nutrition educations session on nutrition „h Rolling out of capacity building sessions for PSF/other community groups, as needed
* Preparing monthly report against the monthly work plan
* Conducting joint WFP-MoH monthly monitoring visits at district, sub-district and Suco level, using M&E tools for post-distribution monitoring
* Preparing the monthly budget plan for day to day program implementation
* Performing monthly data collection and ensure quality and timely submission of monitoring data „h Completing monthly Logistics checklists to verify storage conditions and completion of deliveries at health facility level
* Identifying bottlenecks and challenges to delivery, storage and transport of commodities „h Performing monthly verification of stock card at Health Facility level against distribution data
* Assisting in providing field-level information on stock balances for preparation of Food Release Notes (FRN)
* Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least completion of secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to WFP programmatic activities e.g. human nutrition, food science, agriculture, social science, rural/community development, economics, or any other related field
* Candidates with recognised university degree but less work experience will also be considered „h At least four years of progressively responsible programme support experience, with at least two years in programme monitoring and/or implementation
* Possession of a valid motorcycle driving license and ability to use high clearance motorcycles such as Yamaha XTZ for work purpuses
* Previous work experience in geographical area of intervention desirable
* Experience utilising computers including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages „h Experience supporting government institutions in project implementation „h Experience building capacity of partner organisations, including government personnel
* Experience in project monitoring and reporting „h Experience working with rural communities and structures
* Fluency in both oral and written English. Fluency in Tetun and other local languages is an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit their applications consisting of a motivation/application letter, updated CV and copies of academic/professional certificates. Letters and CVs must be in English language. All applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or hand-delivered to WFP Timor-Leste Country Office, Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, Dili, or posted to WFP Timor-Leste Country Office, P.O. Box 133, Dili, Timor-Leste. Job title and vacancy number should be clearly indicated on the envelope or subject line for email applications. Application deadline is Thursady, 3 September 2015.
For positions based in Ainaro & Oecusse, candidates who are currently resident in Ainaro & Oecusse, respectively, will have an added advantage.