Plan International in Timor-Leste
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
In support of its current growth, Plan International in Timor-Leste wishes to recruits;
Assistant District Manager-Aileu
Plan’s programs in Aileu Districts aim to ensure that children realize their rights to health, clean water and sanitation, education, and protection from violence, abuse and disaster risks. Plan is committed to response in case of humanitarian disaster in the Aileu Districts.
Child Sponsorship is an increasingly important source of stable long-term funding for these Programs. These funds depend on timely and accurate communications with thousands of Sponsors in 16 countries in Europe, Australasia, and North America
The Assistant District Manager will support the District Manager in his/her role generally, but will have a particular focus on managing suco-based Community Mobilization and supporting Community Volunteers in sponsorship communications.
Dimensions of Role:
- Direct line manager of Community Mobilization Officers (CMOs) and though them has oversight of Community Volunteers
- Ensures close liaison with District based staff for Programs (e.g. WASH, ECCD, Youth) for cooperation between Programs and sponsorship
- Ensures respect for Plan’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Gender Equality Policy and IT Policy
- Ensures all activities are in line with Plan’s CCCD approach
- Directly responsible for all sponsorship communications at Sub-District level, ensuring 100% performance in terms of timely production of all communications items, and of quality (as indicated by the absence of NOIs)
- Provides other support as necessary to the District Manager
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 October 2015
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), Dili, Timor-Leste or to Plan Aileu District Office.
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.