UN World Food Programme in Timor-Leste
The World Food Programme has been present in Timor-Leste since 1999. WFP focus in Timor-Leste is on building the capacity of the Government of Timor-Leste in managing supplementary feeding through the Ministry of Health’s Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition programme. Technical assistance and Government capacity development, with a strategy for hand-over of a sustainable food-based programme to the Government are key priorities. Through the capacity building focus, targeted boys and girls between 6-59 months and pregnant and lactating women benefit from the project. The activities of the organisation are focused on the following areas: Ainaro, Oecusse, Bobonaro, Covalima, Dili and Ermera. WFP supports KONSSANTIL and the Zero Hunger Challenge and has aligned its activities with both UNDAF and Government policies.
WFP has two exciting opportunity for local recruitment: Business Support Assistant (Procurement)
Vacancy Number: 2015-TLS-016
Post Title: Business Support Assistant – Procurement (1 position)
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 1 year, Renewable
Duty Station: Dili
Under the supervision of the Senior Administrative/Procurement Assistant and the general guidance of the Head of Finance and Administration, the incumbent will be responsible for the following main duties and accountabilities:
* Maintain and extract data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
* Support management of office premises both internal and external, ensuring that the premises is well maintained and liaise with subcontracted company on external premises. Focal person for office premises. Assist in reviewing the adequacy of office space requirements for staff;
* Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
* Perform administrative procurement activities (e.g. source quotations, evaluate quotations, raise initial purchase orders) in a timely and efficient manner, to support more senior Administrative/Procurement staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
* Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach requesters.
* Support management of stationery inventory and process stationery requests, ensuring that the office has adequate stationery and other supplies at all items;
* Support day-to-day management of contracts with external contractors; review contractors’ invoices against goods and services provided and initiate payment requests in conformance with procurement rules and regulations;
* Responsible for monitoring utility bills and prepare payment requests;
* Record asset movement and maintain asset and inventory records in GEMS system;
* Coordinate with security company on all security matters, follow up to ensure that they are providing satisfactory service and with WFP standard operating procedures on safety and security;
* Supervise Helpers, ensuring that they perform their duties in compliance with safety standards and that their performance appraisals are done in a timely manner;
* Responsible for managing general condition and outlook of office premises and initiate repair and/or maintenance works in a timely manner;
* Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required
* Perform any other related duties as required by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least completion of secondary school education. Candidates with post-secondary school qualifications in Procurement and Supply, Business Studies or related field will have an added advantage
* At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience in administrative support functions, preferably in procurement
* Strong understanding of procurement systems, general administration and tools to conduct a range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making
* Ability to maintain accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards
Interested candidates should submit their applications consisting of application letter, updated CV and copies of academic/professional certificates. Please do not attach certificates of attendance. Application letter and CV must be in English applications in other languages shall be disregarded.
All applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-delivered to WFP Timor-Leste Country Office, Rua Balide, Mascarenhas, Dili. Job title and vacancy number should be clearly indicated on the envelope or subject line for email applications. Application deadline is 11 October 2015.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.