Position Title: ICT Officer I
Department: ICT (Operations)
Location: Baucau or Dili with frequent travel to Baucau
Reports To: Operations Manager
Supervises: 0 direct reports
Note: This position is for Timorese Nationals only.
BACKGROUND / JOB SUMMARY: Catholic Relief Services in Timor Leste is seeking for an ICT Officer to provide support for knowledge management, decision-making, and programming effectiveness by ensuring efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies, and by providing technical support to CRS staff and partners on overall ICT systems. Responsible for deployment, maintenance, security, data protection, and troubleshooting of technology and systems for assigned office(s). Stays abreast of ICT developments in the international and local market, providing recommendations based on opportunities to improve the efficiency and impact of CRS programming, operations, and overall performance. Other key responsibilities of the IT Officer is the provision of consultancy and guidance on integrating ICT for development solutions in program implementation and provision of technical assistance on ICT-related issues to partners.
- Support the Global Service Desk.
- Implement, configure and maintain systems to meet CRS program service and operational excellence requirements.
- Maintain quality system configuration, administration, security, and maintenance for CRS program ICT systems, including networks, servers, and telecommunications.
- Ensure that system and data availability meets CRS business recovery requirements.
- Support managers and staff in executing good stewardship and efficient use of agency ICT resources.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to maintain ICT inventory and ensure adequate supply and functionality.
- Work with third-party suppliers to deliver services that meet CRS business process requirements.
- Provide timely response to user support requests or promptly escalate issues as needed as per agency Service Desk procedures.
- Support CRS on-boarding of staff process
- Conduct user trainings, as appropriate.
- Configure desktops, laptops and other peripheral devices to provide user access to agency business systems information.
- Partner with program staff on integrating ICT solutions in program implementation.
- Deploy and provide ongoing technical support in ICT solutions integrated within programming interventions.
Technical Assistance to CRS’ Partners:
- Ensure timely and quality ICT implementation, adoption, and support to CRS’ partners, remotely or on-site, in line with CRS’ programming needs and capacity.
- Provide consistency in service delivery against established policies, procedures, and service standards.
- Support the procurement of ICT equipment and software purchases in line with CRS standards and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Implement and follow-up on ICT Country Office Assessments.
- Input to budget development and expense approval per MoA.
- Maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job.
- Develop, and implement training programs to improve staff and partners capacity in the area of ICT.
- Participate in regional/agency ICT initiatives.
- Provide capacity building (training, coaching, on-the-job support) to staff and partners in ICT-related areas.
- Prepare and provide weekly ICT service reports for country program, regional, and global ICT leadership. The reports should include data regarding service performance, key risks, current project status, and planned initiatives.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior level ICT Officers and Global Service Desk technicians.
- All other duties as assigned.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: All CP staff, RISA, members of CRS ICT community, and owners of CRS business systems
External: CRS partners; Government agencies, Nethope, Peers from other NGOs in the country; and ICT services providers.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems). Significant work experience in a directly related field will be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 2 years work-related experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent desirable.
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundations training desirable.
- Microsoft system administration experience.
- Good grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, and backup technologies in use within CRS.
- Good grasp of application and database technologies in use within CRS.
- ITIL Foundation Certified desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and management tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms including WINTEL, Adobe Connect, and SharePoint platforms.
- Solid grasp of evolving communication and data network/server technologies.
- Solid grasp of network and server technology and tools.
- Advanced-user level knowledge of agency-supported ICT4D solutions.
- Solid knowledge of backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Strong client-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people in a team-oriented environment.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at functional level.
- Able to quickly research, learn, and implement new technologies.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Able to adapt and learn.
- Ability to anticipate systems’ impact on organizational and user effectiveness.
- Strong organization and planning skills, detail-oriented.
- Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; excellent written and oral communication skills.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
If based in Dili approximately 70% travel.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
Sent a cover letter, current CV and professional references by email to TL_HR@global.crs.org or
Delivery by hand at CRS Dili Office at Rua Dom Alexio Corte Real, Mandarin, Dili or
CRS Baucau Office at Rua Samadigar Buibau, Baucau
Deadline : 10 November 2015 by 5pm the latest.
For further information and full job description please email the address above.
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted