Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development owned by the Federal Republic of Germany. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ has been operating in Timor-Leste since 1999 in several projects in many fields in cooperation with a range of different actors, such as economic development and employment promotion; and peace building and civil conflict transformation. GIZ also supports Timorese governmental organizations and civil society.
The project “Advisory and Training at The Maritime Related Industries of Timor-Leste” is looking for a Junior Legal Advisor to fill in a local position.
The junior advisor is responsible for:
- managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the project objectives, agreements and/or agreements with the counterparts
The junior advisor performs the following tasks:
- Advising the partner institution(s)
- deals with the design and drafting of legal documents related with the project’s area of activity
- support the counterparts on drafting maritime legal documents
- Networking and cooperation
- communicates local interests and efforts, forwards these and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project
- Knowledge management
- ensures knowledge transfer to project information and knowledge related to legal matter to the partners
- Coordination tasks
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts concerning legal matters
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University Degree on Law and Master Degree on one of the project topics of interest;
- at least 1 year’s professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies at user level (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- fluent written and oral knowledge in three of the following languages: English, Portuguese, Bahasa and Tetum
Interested persons can send their application letter, CV and references stating the subject “GIZ ATMI-Junior Legal Advisor” latest on 15 October 2015 to either email@example.com or GIZ Coordination Office, Palm Business & Trade Centre, 3rd floor, Surik Mas, Fatumeta (Hudilaran), Dili, Timor-Leste.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held in English.