Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development owned by the Federal Republic of Germany. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ has been operating in Timor-Leste since 1999 in several projects in many fields in cooperation with a range of different actors, such as economic development and employment promotion; and peace building and civil conflict transformation. GIZ also supports Timorese governmental organizations and civil society.
The project “Advisory and Training at The Maritime Related Industries of Timor-Leste” is looking for a Junior Port Management Advisor to fill in a local position.
The junior advisor is responsible for:
- managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the project objectives, agreements and/or agreements with the counterparts
The junior advisor performs the following tasks:
- Advising the partner institution(s)
- deals with the design and drafting of port and maritime recommendations and documents related with the project’s area of activity
- Networking and cooperation
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Knowledge management
- ensures knowledge transfer to project information and knowledge related to port and shipping administration matter to the partners
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
- University Degree on Port and Maritime Administration or similar qualification;
- at least 1 year’s professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies at user level (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- fluent written and oral knowledge in three of the following languages: English, Portuguese, Bahasa and Tetum
Interested persons can send their application letter, CV and references stating the subject “GIZ ATMI-Junior Port Advisor” latest on 15 October 2015 to either email@example.com or GIZ Coordination Office, Palm Business & Trade Centre, 3rd floor, Surik Mas, Fatumeta (Hudilaran), Dili, Timor-Leste.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held in English.