FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
for the upcoming “Timor-Leste Reinforce Basic Health Services Project”
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) is a full-time position and will be based in Dili, Timor-Leste reporting to the Project Director. The FAM will be responsible for the management of all of the project’s financial and administrative operations. S/he will work closely with the Project Director in the oversight of program functions, support, and guidelines. S/he will ensure that the financial systems and internal controls are in place and comply with the standard US Government rules and regulations, and JSI/HQ policy and procedures. S/he will serve as the focal person for all budget and disbursement processes of the JSI field office. S/he will coordinate and liaise with JSI/HQ in Boston, USA on all financial and administrative matters as necessary.
· Collaborate with the Project Director and other key personnel to ensure coherence between programmatic activities and financial provisions;
· Supervise all administrative and financial staff;
· Direct the preparation and negotiation of project budgets and modifications, and coordinate with JSI/Boston as appropriate;
· Assist Project Director in addressing cooperative agreement-related issues and ensure that the Project’s financial controls and systems comply with US Government practices and meet all required rules and regulations and follow all JSI policies;
· Supervise all central- and municipality-based financial and administrative staff and serve as the point person for JSI-related financial queries, coordinating all correspondence from the central office regarding wiring of cash, payments, and other financial matters;
· Manage, monitor, and update project budget and obligated funds; review and analyze variations and share with JSI/Boston;
· Manage subawards in collaboration with technical team and JSI/Boston;
· Oversee procurement of equipment and services; and
· Ensure compliance with US government rules and regulations and JSI policies and procedures in implementation of all program activities.
· Master of Business or Finance degree and CPA or a relevant degree from a recognized University or equivalent preferred;
· At least 10 years of experience managing finances for large NGO programs with direct experience managing the finances and administration of USAID-funded projects;
· Experience of USAID business practices and detailed knowledge of policies and procedures;
· Extensive experience with project financial management, including financial controls, accounting, and audit, as well as financial reporting;
· Experience managing and supervising program staff;
· Good interpersonal skills and experience working in a multi-cultural environment;
· Experience working in Timor-Leste required.
This position is contingent upon project funding approval and open only to candidates already based/living in Timor-Leste.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter by December 31, 2015 at HR-Timor@jsi.com.
JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.