Resource Development Specialist
Mary MacKillop International (MMI) is the International aid and development agency of the Sisters of St Joseph. Initially mandated to improve the quality of literacy education in the Tetun language, MMI’s focus has since expanded to promoting life-long learning through teacher training, parent workshops, health education, music education and volunteer teacher support.
MMI has been designing and delivering pre-school and primary Tetum literacy education and teacher training since 1994 when the Bishop of Dili requested the Sisters of St Joseph to develop a program in Tetum literacy. MMI’s flagship program is the Mai Hatene Tetun program which contains over 130 culturally relevant primary and pre-primary story books in the Tetun language. MMI provides in-service training to teachers using this program. The training program is based on the national curriculum and is child-centred, age appropriate and activities based.
MMI is currently recruiting a Resource Development Specialist based in Dili, Timor-Leste.
The Resource Development Specialist will be responsible for the development of content for MMI’s Tetum Literacy & Teacher Training Program, and production of resources and materials necessary for its successful implementation. The Resource Development Specialist will work closely with the Learning & Effectiveness Manager to analyse data collected from trainings to help guide the development of new resources and ensure resources are in line with the changing needs and priorities of key stakeholders including the Ministry of Education, communities, and schools. The Resource Development Specialist is also responsible for training staff members in the use of any new materials, and for acting as the liaison person in the development and implementation of literacy education for MMI.
Background and skills
- A strong knowledge of teaching methodology and understanding of the literacy education process
- 5-7 years experience working with teachers and children in pre-primary and primary school settings
- 5-7 years experience training others, or minimum Cert III in Training and Assessment
- Experience developing reading materials and other teaching resources for pre-primary and primary school level
- Ability to assess and interpret data to ensure continuous improvement and development of the program
- Strong skills in network building with diverse partners, particularly with the MoE and other relevant agencies working in resource development
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, and high level coordination skills across multi-department levels
- Ability to work in a diverse and multicultural environment
- High level written and oral language skills in both Tetum and English
To download a full position description, please visit the MMI website http://www.mmi.org.au/announcements/job-vacancy-resource-development-specialist-timor-leste
Candidates should send a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria and a CV to MMI’s Country Director Alipio Baltazar at Alipio.Baltazar@mmi.org.au by Sunday January 3rd, 2016. Interviews will be held on January 7th and 8th.