Job Title : Communication Officer
Location : Dili, Timor Leste
The Timor Leste Reinforce Basic Health Service Project (TL Reinforce) is seeking application for the following vacancy:
Position: COMMUNICATION OFFICER
- Coordinate with key project staff and USAID to define goals, targets and program needs (both internal and external) of the knowledge management strategy
- Develop both an internal and an external communications strategy, in collaboration with key project staff (including developing work plan for the design, development and roll out of activities and products, and producing knowledge sharing systems, website and other electronic products, establishment of communities of practice and a limited number of publications)
- Develop and implement new initiatives using current publishing and information technologies and establish and maintain communications networks and distribution channels
- Monitor and evaluate knowledge sharing activities
- Integrate information dissemination, networking and outreach activities into the knowledge sharing effort
- Manage the implementation of the strategy from a variety of fields such as web design, data base development, media design, multi-media, technology and publications, collaborating with project staff, consultants and JSI/HO as needed
- Advise on social media strategies, especially as they apply to Drupal or other open-source technologies
- Organize, produce, package and disseminate information (print, video and electronic), including ensuring compliance with Project’s Branding and Marking Plan
- Ensure all project materials are produced in compliance with Branding and Marking Plan
- Provide unofficial translation of technical documentation as requested by Chief of Party, including from Tetun, Bahasa and English as needed
- Establish and maintain files of all project technical documents and deliverables, and coordinate with HO Program Officer (PO) to ensure technical deliverables are shared to be uploaded to the DEC by the PO as applicable
- Coordinate the set-up of various events organized and attended by the project, such as key activities (i.e., launch of project, advocacy events, etc.) or USAID annual expo.
- Work closely with project’s officer in charge of advocacy and behavior change communication.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Preferred experience in health project (district, community, etc.)
- Excellent English speaking, comprehension, and writing skills and excellent ability to move freely between Tetun and English
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills. Able to work well in a team.
- Knowledge of legal procedures concerning photo release, copyright, etc.
- Excellent public relation skills
- Very good computer skills, especially applications such as Microsoft Office
- Very good skills in computer design and graphics and production of communications materials
- Skills in web-based publishing, knowledge networks, and models for sharing information
- Proven ability to develop, write and edit technical content for both print publications and the web.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to apply for above positions please email your cover letter and detailed CV in English to email@example.com quoting “CO” Communication Officer or deliver it to TL Reinforce c/o Rua 30 de Augusto, Municipio de Dili Timor Leste (Close to CCT Clinic Lecidere)
The closing date for applications is February 20, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.