Standard Operating Procedures For Data & Information Management Adviser
Australian Government Funded Program
Closing time: 5pm (Australian Eastern Summer Time), Monday 8 February 2016
BESIK is funded by the Government of Australia (GoA) to provide assistance to the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) for the development of rural water supply, sanitation and hygiene services. BESIK supports GoTL to meet planned end-of-program rural water service and sanitation outcomes at national, municipal and household levels. It works most closely with Directorates within two ministries, Ministry of Public Works, Transport and Communications and Ministry of Health.
We are seeking the services of a Standard Operating Procedures For Data & Information Management Adviser to develop manuals and procedures for the Water Resource Data and Information Management System (WRDIMS) to be used by staff at the National Directorate for Water Quality and Control (DNCQA).
WRDIMS is in the final development stages and will be operational at the commencement of this role. WRDIMS consists of a user interface that operates in three language formats (Tetum, Portuguese and English) and has functions to import data from a number of different formats and export data, information and graphs. Users will need to interact with the user interface to search or query WRDIMS; extract and view data and information; update and manage the register; review and quality control data and information input; and, manage individual and team data and information work flow.
This role will initially focus on the:
- Development of a manual in Tetum for the operation of the WRDIMS by DNCQA Staff.
- Development of SOP for data and information flow in DNCQA.
- Development and delivery of a training package for DNCQA staff
There may be additional SOPs for the BESIK program which may be subsequently added to this role.
The Terms of Reference which provide more information about the role and tasks can be downloaded from the Aurecon portal:
Applicants are requested to provide a cover letter demonstrating their skills and experience to complete this work against the selection criteria in the ToR. In the covering letter please provide an estimate of the number of days to complete each of the outputs in the ToR.
The letter should be submitted together with a current CV through the Aurecon recruitment portal:
Should you have any problems with the portal, please email the covering letter and CV in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: BESIK – WRDIMS SOP.
Candidates should have:
- Greater than 3 years’ experience in the development and documentation of procedures associated with the administrative and operational processes of Government.
- Excellent written and spoken Tetum and functional English.
- Demonstrated experience in leading small projects and working independently.
- Demonstrated experience in developing user friendly operational procedures or technical manuals in Tetum. Applicants are required to submit evidence of this with their application.
- Able to complete outputs to a high standard within the agreed timeframes with limited supervision.
Candidates must adhere to BESIK child protection, zero-fraud, work safety and other key policies. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.