Marie Stopes Timor-Leste (MSTL)
Vacancy Announcement – Procurement and Logistics Manager
22 February 2016
Marie Stopes Timor-Leste (MSTL), a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) global partnership is non-profit, non-government organization (NGO) specializing in supporting and delivering high quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services (SRH). We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2007 to support the Ministry of Health (MoH) implement national reproductive health strategies and achieve national maternal health goals. Our guiding principles are to support the MoH to deliver a broad range of high quality family planning and SRH services, ensure excellence in clinical quality; and support the delivery of services that are client-focused and promote choice.
MSTL seeks a Timorese National for the position of Procurement and Logistics Manager. The Procurement and Logistics Manager is responsible for providing strategic leadership to MSTL, ensuring appropriate systems, policies and procedures are in place to support the continued growth of the country program. Reporting to the Country Director, the Procurement and Logistics Manager provides leadership to the Procurement and Logistics team including fleet, asset, security and stock management, and is a key member of MSTL’s executive management team.
Key Requirements of the Position:
- Bachelor degree in relevant area
- Minimum 3 years management experience in related area (minimum 5 years management experience without higher education)
- Experience working in procurement and logistics
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts
- Experience managing assets, supplies and commodities
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience in health sector desirable
- Fluent in English and Tetum
- Negotiation, influencing and conflict management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and organisational skills, including ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to be flexible and support the needs of the team as required
- Respects and has commitment to an individual’s right to control their own fertility
- Demonstrates personal commitment to continuing professional development
- Client focused
MSTL is an equal opportunities employer. Eligible female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability to the above requirements in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details.
All applications should be addressed to the People and Development Manager, MSTL, Rua Vila Verde, Dili or by email to Nina da Costa, People and Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. A detailed job description can be obtained by sending an email to the above address.
All applications must be received by MSTL no later than 5pm Sunday 28 February 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.