The Australian Embassy is seeking a highly motivated and experienced person to fill a middle management position in our dynamic public diplomacy team. The selection criteria are as follows.
- Demonstrated strong administration and program management capability including strategic planning, managing towards outcomes, financial management, risk management and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills in English across a range of media and audiences.
- The ability to work both with limited supervision and as part of a team.
- Personal initiative, good judgement and responsiveness.
Applicants should also have the following qualifications and/or experience.
- Proficiency in social media
- Ability to work in culturally diverse team situations.
Applications – Please respond to each of the selection criteria separately, with the total response to selection criteria in English and not exceeding 2.5 pages. Please also include Curriculum Vitae in English and not exceeding 2 pages. A one page cover letter specifying which position the application is targeting should be attached. The closing date is 4:30pm 1 March 2016.
Referees – Please provide the name, position, phone number and email address for two recent professional referees in your written application. Referees will be contacted for short listed applicants only.
How to apply
- Position Descriptions are available from the Australian Embassy’s Reception desk. They also can be found on the Australian Embassy website: www.timorleste.embassy.gov.au . These should be reviewed before you prepare your application. Please specify in your cover letter which position/s you are applying for (note: only one application per person is required regardless of how many positions you are targeting).
- Send your application to the Australian Embassy, Rua Martires da Patria, Dili, attention to the HR Manager.
- Applications can also be lodged by email at Austemb_Dili@dfat.gov.au.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Short listed candidates will be invited to a two part interview with both written and spoken components.
Successful applicants are required to obtain a satisfactory police and medical check.