FINANCE & OFFICE MANAGER
Catalpa International is a nonprofit design and innovation organisation that builds amazing things to assist governments, NGOs, communities and donors to make decisions to improve the delivery of aid and services. We work across a number of sectors, including health, agriculture, finance, governance, mobile services and advocacy. Catalpa combines innovative technologies with projects that improve the lives of individuals.
Catalpa’s work has included partnerships with the Government of Timor-Leste, the Government of Myanmar, the Australian Government and development partners such as ILO, FAO, UNICEF, WHO, USAID, European Commission, World Bank and the Asian Development Bank.
The Office Manager will join the Catalpa team as part of an exciting phase of growth. You’ll work with a talented and interdisciplinary design team, with a strong creative culture, and help us deliver high impact work that seeks to address international development challenges. Catalpa will be expanding its portfolio of programs, hiring new staff and implementing new internal systems to support the efficient and effective functioning of the main office.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Officer will support the effective running of the Catalpa Office in Dili, Timor Leste. They will work closely with the executive directors to implement and maintain office systems, as well as provide support to staff in areas such as travel
Duties will include:
- Providing administrative support to Catalpa’s program managers and software developers, including organising travel, file and record management;
- Providing administrative support to Catalpa’s Executive Directors;
- Financial management, including managing invoices, receipts and accounts;
- Coordinating and assisting with recruitment of new staff members;
- Procurement of office supplies, services and equipment;
- Asset and security management management and security management;
- Managing and maintaining up to date organisational polices including but not limited to Work Health and Safety, Security and Financial Management.
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in managing the operational aspects of an office;
- Competency in office productivity software, including spreadsheet applications;
- Experience with accounting and payroll software would be advantageous; and
- Formal qualifications or accreditations in accounting bookkeeping or financial management would be advantageous.
- Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com.
- Applicants should provide:
- A two page covering letter outlining the applicants suitability against the duties outlined above, including relevant recent experience; and
- A recent CV.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director, Catalpa International.
Applications close midnight, Friday, 25 March, 2016.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Catalpa may consider part time arrangements, depending on the candidate. While working with us you must comply with our policies and those of our donors, including the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade policies. We have policies relating to Child Protection, Social Inclusion, Gender Equality, Fraud and Risk as well as others. Failure to adhere to these policies may be grounds for immediate termination.