Program Performance Specialist Health Alliance International (HAI) – Timor-Leste
HAI Contact: Country Director of Timor-Leste
Location: Dili Office with travel to HAI program districts as required
The Program Performance Specialist provides technical support on performance management of HAI’s two key health programs in Timor-Leste in partnership with the Ministry of Health MoH: the mHealth program, Liga Inan and quality improvement program, Learning Labs. This consultancy position will be part of HAI’s Timor-Leste senior leadership team and will provide support across HAI Timor-Leste health promotion, clinical, M&E and communications teams.
The Program Performance Specialist will support the Country Director, Program Director, Senior Clinical Manager, and the M&E and Communications Officer to develop and implement performance management strategies for HAI’s health programs in Timor-Leste including consideration of cross cutting issues of gender, disability, and nutrition. A significant portion of the position is focused on effective program monitoring, trouble shooting and using data for decision making with the aim of effective program performance that meets the objectives and goals put forward in HAI’s grants. The position will be focused on building the capacity of the HAI national team in effective performance management.
This is a one year consulting role with option for either side to end contract by giving a written notice.
Provide technical support to HAI’s Liga Inan team to ensure performance results including:
· Providing technical support to the annual Liga Inan workplanning and budgeting; and monitoring, coaching and supporting the team to deliver the workplan within budget and make adjustments where necessary.
· Support the Program Director to conduct quality assurance of HAI’s implementation of Liga Inan activities (advocacy meetings, launch, orientation of health providers, promotion, support to municipality health staff, and transition and handover of the program).
· Support the Liga Inan team to build more consistency, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, management, and sustainability into the Liga Inan program so it can over time be handed over to MoH/municipality management.
· Provide technical support and coaching to Liga Inan promotions and communication interventions with consideration of cross cutting issues of gender, disability, and nutrition.
· Support the Program Director with Liga Inan partnerships
· Support the team to develop presentations and reports of the results of the Liga Inan program for different audiences (e.g. donor, MoH, municipalities)
· Support the Liga Inan team on representation to relevant external meetings
Provide technical support to HAI’s M&E team in the areas of:
· Developing an annual M&E Plan in accordance with donor and government M&E/reporting requirements for current and planned HAI T-L program activities (health promotion and clinical), including reporting deadlines and deliverables; and support the M&E team to monitor the implementation of this workplan.
· Support the M&E team to review and provide recommendations on the improvement of donor M&E indicators with consideration to cross cutting issues of gender, disability, and nutrition.
· Devise simple evaluation mechanisms and forms for collecting data for HAI activities, training, and supervision to support M&E.
· Assist the HAI M&E and program implementation teams interpret and analyze findings and use this data for performance improvement.
· Support the team to develop presentations and reports of HAIs M&E findings to different audiences (e.g. donor, MoH, municipalities)
· Support the M&E team at relevant external meetings
· Report every two months to the Country Director on program performance, lessons learned, challenges, and recommendations for adjustments.
· Attend as required external meetings where HAI is invited.
· Support the HAI team to respond to MoH and donor requests for reports on activities and program progress
· Sit when requested with the Senior Management Team
· Work with Country Director and headquarters in the design and preparation of new proposals.
· Relevant degree with Masters in Public Health (MPH) or related post graduate public health training.
· Minimum of 2 years experience working in monitoring and evaluation of health programs, preferably related to family planning or maternal and child health in a resource poor setting. Excellent knowledge of public health systems, primary health care including maternal/newborn care, family planning, and strengthening of health systems.
· Willingness to undergo frequent travel throughout Timor-Leste to district sites and various meetings, up to 50% of work time.
· Excellent command of general Microsoft programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Outlook.
· Maturity with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work under deadlines.
· Demonstrated expertise in either quantitative or qualitative research methods.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in capacity building and mentorship, especially in cross-cultural environments.
· Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and study results.
· Fluency in English (written and spoken)
· Experience working within MoHs or in close coordination with the public sector
· Health-related NGO work experience
· Technical knowledge of behavior change communication or mHealth programming.
· Ability to read, write and speak the local Tetum language.
· Previous experience working with international NGOs.
Please direct all inquiries to Ms. Che Katz, HAI Country Director Timor-Leste at email@example.com
Closing date: March 25, 2016