Job Title: SILC Assistant
Location: Baucau, with frequent travel to district project sites
Reports to: Effective Seed Storage Project Manager
Job Band: E
The Saving Internal and Lending Communities (SILC) Assistant will dedicate 90% his/her time for the SILC activities and 10% to be responsible for data entering, verifying and managing data and information used to monitor the progress of ESS Project toward their determined indicators. In coordination with the entire program team, the SILC Assistant will also contribute to the design and implementation of SILC activities, collection and analysis of data, and the development of reports for sharing project achievements with local implementation partners and donors.
Under the leadership of the ESS Project Manager and SILC project Officer, and in coordination with the entire project team, the SILC Assistant will contribute ideas to the implementation of all SILC activities and Also ensuring the SILC management information system for the overall project monitoring and evaluation, data collection, data management, data analysis, and reporting appropriately.
- The SILC Assistant will work closely with SILC project officer and partners for SILC activities and identify the project challenges in data collection and data management to the project manager of ESS in order to bring into project team discussion inclusive provides suggestions for improving system design during the life of projects.
- Monitoring: Implementing monitoring activities, including timely collection of quality data, set up and maintenance of databases, facilitation of participatory reflection on monitoring results, and submission of timely progress reports.
- Accountability: Improving our accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms, and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements
Field Monitoring and Data Collection:
The SILC assistant will also undertake regular field visits to Sproject sites to monitor project implementation and verify that the following aspects of programming are in line with CRS and project standards:
- Assist on regular group meeting ensure the SILC meeting procedures
- Assist on correct data entry into Management Information system (MIS)
- Conduct occasional data verification checks for the partners
- Conduct occasional partner visits to assist with data collection and success story and lessons learned documentation
- Assist collection of quantitative and qualitative data to measure project achievements
- data from household collection forms is accurately filled
- Responsible for managing the project database
- Occasional assistance to other projects for database management and data entry as needed
Data Entry and Database Management
The SILC Assistant is the primary person responsible for ensuring the project information and data collection for project monitoring and evaluation is managed in a clear, complete, accurate, timely, and transparent manner according to the filing and naming protocols established in the design of ESS project MEAL systems. This includes data entry into project databases and the maintenance of electronic and paper files for data collection and analysis.
Data Analysis and Reporting
The SILC Assistant will support the SILC Project Officer and Project Manager for ESS programming in Baucau, Lautem and Viqueque district to review and analyze project data, make suggestions for improving the project plan and implementation, and compile reports as needed for various stakeholders including donor agencies, local partners, local communities, and relevant government ministries.
Internal: MEAL Project Officer, SILC Project officers, Agriculture project officer and ESS Project Manager, and Livelihood Program Manager, PRODUCE Project Officer and other projects as assigned.
External: Local implementing partner TID, CDB, KDP, Community leaders and community members
- University degree (preferred) or High school diploma
- 2-3 years’ experience working with NGOs
- Advance knowledge of and proven capacity for word processing, spreadsheets, data entry and analysis packages and databases including MS office word, Excel and outlook
- Excellent written and spoken Tetun and Bahasa Indonesia,
- Advanced professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to be based in Baucau and travel frequently to the field
- Proven experience in participatory research methodologies preferred
- Excellent skills for communication and community relations
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Note: This position is for Timorese Nationals only.
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Sent a cover letter, current CV and professional references by email to TL_HR@global.crs.org or
Delivery by hand at CRS Dili Office at Rua Dom Alexio Corte Real, Mandarin, Dili or
CRS Baucau Office at Rua Samadigar Buibau, Baucau
For further information and full job description please email the address above.
Deadline: March 30, 2016
Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted