|Position:||Women Economic Empowerment Coordinator – for qualified international or national candidates|
|Start date & duration:||April 2016 – 12 months, with possibility of extending for an additional 12 months|
|Location:||Based in Dili with occasional traveling to the Districts|
|Reporting:||Coordinate and report to Empreza Diak’s Management Team|
|Salary:||Competitive salary and benefits depending on experience – provided by request to email bellow|
|Application and queries:||Until 31st March to email@example.com|
Empreza Di’ak NGO (ED) is a dynamic Timorese NGO that uses micro-business to fight poverty in Timor-Leste. ED is committed to all Timorese having the opportunity to build a better life, combining their own efforts with the power of business. ED focuses on developing marketable local products while supporting poor and rural communities and, in particular, vulnerable women to access to markets and works with them to realize their entrepreneurial potential.
With the help of institutional partners, we are implementing innovative projects that are changing the way we fight poverty in Timor-Leste. We work in developing local products for local markets; economically empowering vulnerable women, with a focus on women survivors of violence; strengthening value chains and providing access to market; doing advocacy and providing training platforms for local NGOs and micro-businesses. For more information visit www.empreza-diak.com andwww.facebook.com/Empreza.Diak
The Women Economic Empowerment Program focuses on identifying and implementing livelihood / employability opportunities for vulnerable women (notably survivors of Gender Based Violence) by providing life skills and business training, equipment, and mentoring to start and manage a small business or gain employment. This includes working with individual women, groups and institutional partners (notably shelters for women survivors of violence) in 7 municipalities: Dili – including Atauro, Baucau, Lautem, Viqueque, Covalima, Bobonaro and Oecussi.
ED has a strong and multicultural team of enthusiastic Timorese staff, international staff and volunteers (notably from Australia, Portugal and New Zealand) working together to help build better lives in Timor-Leste.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS:
The Women Economic Empowerment Coordinator will be responsible for managing and supervising the implementation of the projects with a women economic empowerment focus, main responsibilities including: i) managing the grants and executing the budgets, ii) leading the capacity building and mentoring of the team, iii) managing and supervising the implementation of activities with partner organizations and women beneficiaries in the field, iv) reporting internally to the Management and v) preparing the required reporting to Donors, with support from the implementation team.
The main tasks to be carried out include:
- Lead the Project and Field Officers to ensure the detailed planning and implementation of the Women Economic Empowerment activities in accordance with each Project’s overall plans and targets;
- Support the consultation with stakeholders and partners and the development of activities and lead the monitoring and evaluation;
- Support project staff preparing project implementation plans and activities’ progress reports;
- Work with Operations’ Manager to track program spending and produce the necessary internal and external reports;
- Work with the Training Unit to support them in preparing workplans following the Unit targets and Empreza Diak’s Programs’ needs (and coordinating the two), monitor the implementation of activities and report on successes and challenges to the Management Team;
- Provide mentorship and training to ED’s partner organizations/communities and staff as needed;
- Coordinate the documentation of learning, sharing of obstacles and development of solutions for project implementation;
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders, government, local leaders and non-government in project area to improve coordination and increase ED’s social impact;
- Work alongside ED’s project teams to share learnings, challenges and opportunities and develop joint activities when appropriate;
- Represent Empreza Di’ak in meetings and related activities.
- Over five years of professional experience in project management/coordination of development programs;
- Experience in project design and implementation, report writing and M&E;
- Experience in capacity building, mentoring & training;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Experience working in collaboration with government counterparts, donors, the Church, NGOs, and community-based organizations;
- Prior experience working in Timor-Leste;
- Experience working in women rights and women empowerment being an advantage;
- Highly developed networking skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and working knowledge of Tetum.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to exercise initiative;
- Strong professionalism and dedication to ED’s mission of fighting poverty and improving the lives of the most vulnerable;
- Strong analytical, negotiating, facilitating, problem solving and influencing skills;
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team;
- Detail oriented, able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and deliver in a timely and effective manner;
- Commitment to continuous learning (coaching, mentoring, etc);
- Open to feedback and willing to try new approaches;
- Cultural sensitivity (i.e. building and working effectively within a diverse working environment).
WORKING AT EMPREZA DI’AK NGO
ED’s innovative approach to fighting poverty in Timor-Leste is bringing important social change and we take pride in a job well done. Our team is very enthusiastic, committed and follows high standards of work.
We are looking for ambitious and committed individuals that want to make a change and are able to work in a results oriented manner. The position will also allow you to utilize your current skills and to learn and develop new ones. This position is part of a welcoming team that shares work and support one another with learning.