Location: Aileu District
Dezenvolve Agricultura Comunitária (DAC) is a USAID funded four-year project to improve rural incomes by building the commercial viability of the horticulture value chain in Timor-Leste. The DAC approach introduces new technologies and management practices for select communities of poor households, and forges links between the communities and markets for high-value horticulture products. DAC provides technical assistance to enable farmers to meet the quality, quantity and consistency demanded by the market. Farmers also receive technical and management training in order to successfully operate new production facilities, including greenhouses and outdoor production equipment. DAC also assists farmers in establishing cooperatives or associations to independently manage the production facilities. DAC currently works with approximately 150 farmers in 8 communities in Aileu District, Timor Leste. In the next phase of the DAC project, activities will be expanded to at least 150 additional farmers.
The Agribusiness Team Leader is the senior supervisor of the Aileu field office and is responsible for ensuring that the DAC technical field staff delivers appropriate, high quality, effective technical assistance and training to the farmer communities. He/she will be responsible for the overall daily field operations of the technical assistance team (10 staff) working with the 8 farmer communities. The Agribusiness Team Leader will supervise the day to day activities of the staff working in the 8 communities, and will carry out regular field supervision and team meetings. He/she will also collect data required for the monitoring and evaluation of the DAC program.
Employees at this level are expected to resolve most problems and execute assignments with supervision limited primarily to the review of end product results.
- Plan, organize and supervise delivery of all DAC agriculture technical assistance
- Direct supervision of all technical field staff
- Assist with community mobilization activities (farmer group meetings, etc.)
- Monitor daily activities at all SHAs
- Help to coordinate production and purchasing with buyers, ensuring that farmers produce the quantity and quality of product demanded by buyers
- Prepare activity reports for Operations Manager on a weekly and monthly basis using information collected from agribusiness field staff
- Maintain good relations with the communities, other donor projects in the area and local Government
- PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
1. Knowledge and Education
- · Diploma in agriculture, business or development
· At least 5 years of professional experience managing teams and implementing projects in agriculture development
- · Professional experience in agriculture, horticulture, greenhouse management and training,
· Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record in managing people,
· Ability to work independently and make decisions with mature judgment,
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
- · Tetum and English
- 4. Additional preferred qualifications
- · Knowledge of DAC project objectives and activities
· Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
Interested and qualified individuals should submit their resume and references to DACrecruitment@dai.com.