Contract Employment Opportunity
Australian Aid – managed by GRM International on behalf of the AusAID, via the Public Sector Capacity Development Program (PSCDP).
The goal of the Public Sector Capacity Development Program is:
“A sustainable and effective system of governance and public administration for the delivery of high quality public services”
The Program is currently advertising for a Leadership & Management Trainer, who will work with the Leadership & Management Training Specialists in the Ministry of Education. The Program is seeking applications from suitably qualified citizens of Timor-Leste to be contracted as Leadership & Management Trainer, as follows:
The Leadership & Management Trainer will work in close collaboration with the Leadership & Management Training Specialists to develop and deliver the Leadership & Management Training Program for Ministry of Education (MoE) National and District Senior Managers which is contextualized and relevant to the Timor-Leste and MoE needs. Concurrently the team will be responsible for the delivery of the training program to achieve maximum impact and return of investment.
The scope of work for the assignment will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following tasks:
§ Assist in the preparation/review of training materials to ensure contextualization with the Ministry of Education strategic plans and Timor-Leste reality
§ Assist the L&M Training Specialist with the preparation of the work-plan for the delivery of the program components
§ Support the implementation of the M&E plan and manage quality assurance systems for the preparation and delivery of training and mentoring.
· A qualification in a field of study relevant to the scope of the responsibilities/activities is essential.
· Relevant experience in leadership and management in the public sector context, preferably in the Education sector
· Good understanding of public administration, including public sector governance and regulation, systems and processes
· Practical experience in delivering leadership and management courses to public servants
- Demonstrated experience in developing, delivering and evaluating leadership and management-training programs in a public sector environment.
- High level interpersonal and communication (particularly written) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation, maximising cooperation and skills transfer.
- Commitment to capacity building and skills transfer including sensitivity to cultural and gender issues.
- The Government uses Portuguese and Tetun as the official languages and English and Bahasa Indonesia as the working languages. It is desirable if the applicant posses a broad mix of languages skills as prescribed above.
The above positions will be contracted for the duration of the activity as specified above, with no expectation of further employment beyond the completion of the contract. Terms of Reference for the above position is available, on request, at the PSCDP office, via: Mrs Isabel Soares, Tjing Fa Ho Lodge #01- 01, Talhao No 85 Bairro de Lecidere,Dili, Tel: 332 2621 (Office) or Email: Isabel.email@example.com
Applications are to be received at the above address by close of business on 27 January 2012.
East Timor Survival Guide
Moving to or visiting Asia's newest nation? Let us help.